While the grand opening taken place yesterday on Bond Street, Victoria’s Secret will present today its annual show in the British capital. And the Angels made the trip, of course. That’s why today Interior Design Shop is totally focused at the Victoria’s Secret New Bond Street Store. Check out!
SEE ALSO – Top 10 Shopping Destinations
Yesterday morning, after an overnight flight, the most beautiful women in the world have gone to meet their fans in the shop of the brand on Bond Street in the heart of London. Smiling, Doutzen Kroes, Lily Aldridge, Adriana Lima or Candice Swanepoel, Alessandra Ambrosio, Karlie Kloss and Behati Prinsloo braved the cold for a sexy English family portrait.
For the first time in 19 years, the sexiest show on earth will take place in Britain, where many celebrities will travel to encourage muses. The singer Taylor Swift, a close friend of the top Karlie Kloss and Lily Aldridge, among others were seen upon his arrival at London Airport.
The brand has been waiting 11 years for the lease to come up on the building, formally the Pringle store. But the wait was worth it. The corner space with its double window selling space at a whopping 40,386 square foot.
Open until 9pm every weeknight, the choice on offer is overwhelming, as is the decoration.
The opening of the lingerie shop has been much anticipated since it was announced earlier in the year, and the brand also announced that will open a store in the Birmingham Bullring on December 13.
Ahead of the show tomorrow, here are some things you probably didn’t know about the brand:
– The first stores were designed to resemble Victorian boudoirs.
– The brand made a staggering 6.6billion dollars in 2013
– Every model, including the contracted Angels, has to audition every year before the show.
– The Angels are cast based on their appeal to women, not men, with women making up 98% of the brand’s customer base.
– Nearly 10 million people tune in to watch the show when it is broadcast on American TV.
– The broadcast of the show provokes numerous complaints every year with some viewers calling the show “indecent and obscene”.
– The show is estimated to cost about $15 million mark to stage.
– The most expensive fantasy bra ever made was worth $15 million worn in 2000 by Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen.
– Victoria’s Secret show takes a full year to plan, and involves a multitude of designers, seamstresses, embroiderers and prop makers.
SEE ALSO – World’s Best Ceiling Lamps
>> What do you think about this article? Please, leave your comment below. If you want to be up to date with the best news about trends, interior design tips, and furniture luxury brands, you must have to sign up our Newsletter and receive in your email, free of charges, the latest and the most exclusive content from Interior Design Shop. Follow us on social networks: FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER
Photo credits: wayfarerstyle.com